Elcocks Ltd strives to be a leader in environmental sustainability and believes that a successful future for our business and the customers we serve depend on the sustainability of the environment, communities and economies in which we operate.
As a responsible corporate citizen, we bear a responsibility to consider the impacts of our actions and how they affect the environment both directly in terms of our operations, and indirectly through our purchasing decisions, the products and services we offer to our customers and the business opportunities we pursue.
We are committed to minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment and to demonstrating leadership by integrating environmental considerations into all our business practices.
The requirements of the policy apply to all entities and employees of Elcock Ltd.
Although this policy applies to all entities and employees, the primary audience for this policy is those responsible for its implementation, namely the business line leaders and local management of each entity of the Company.
3. Commitment from Elcocks Ltd
We want our products, services and production to be part of a sustainable society. We are committed to:
(a) Environmental Commitments
Protect the Environment
· Elcocks Ltd will protect the environment, including preventing pollution, through responsible management of our operations;
· Will give appropriate weight to this environmental policy when making future planning and investment decisions;
· Will reduce resource consumption, waste and pollution in our operations;
· Elcocks Ltd will comply with, or exceed, our environmental obligation, including taking a proactive approach regarding environmental legislation that affects our business.
Objectives and Targets:
· Elcocks Ltd will set targets and objectives, within the scope of the environmental management system, to achieve continual improvement and a sustainable development;
· Will establish and periodically review and report progress on objectives and targets in the pursuit of continual improvement in our environmental management system for the purpose of enhancing our environmental performance and ongoing prevention of pollution.
· Elcocks Ltd will minimize the environmental impacts of our own operations through best practice management of our use of energy, transportation, material consumption, water use, waste and emissions;
· Will encourage suppliers, subcontractors, retailers and recyclers of our products to adopt the environmental principals as Elcocks Ltd;
· Elcocks Ltd will consider the environmental performance of our suppliers and the environmental attributes of products and service in our purchasing decisions;
· Elcocks Ltd will ensure adherence to our established environmental management processes through periodic internal and external audits.
(c) Engagement and Transparency
· Elcocks Ltd will raise employee awareness and support employee creativity and enthusiasm with respect to implementing our environmental policies, guidelines, programs and initiatives;
· We will continually promote environmental awareness, responsibility and best practices and to support the environmental sustainability culture of our company through education and in-house initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint.
· Elcocks Ltd will report transparently on our internal environmental performance through our company website.